4.18.2013

thises and thatses

A handful of things:

I feel as though I'm kind of on auto pilot lately. A four day headache is almost gone (thank you, buckwheat pillow - I'm sorry I abandoned you for a few nights - never again!) As has been the case all of this year, work is crazy busy. It's good, and I do love those kiddos - it's just nutters. My caseload will become semi-normal-ish again next year, so for now I'm plugging through. But I'm missing making things. I need to make some soap, bake some bread, and start digging outside. Pronto. Those always help.

Bedtimes. Not fun lately. This big boy bed business seems to be the worst decision, ever. Uuuuugh.

I can NOT stop listening to The Heist by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Fair warning - it is not fit for children's ears or the workplace. But it is incredible. What makes it especially incredible is that it's a... rap album. And I love it. And those words! I NEVER in a million years would have thought that those words would come out of my mouth. So it must be something special. Love, love, love, love love it. (A lot.) I also confess that I have a bit of a crush on Macklemore (Ben Haggerty.) Those perfect teeth! The goofy grin. The selection of perfect words - *swoon*. And the way he says his "ch" and "sh" sounds - dreamy. I first came across them when my brother-in-law did me the great favour of showing me the Thrift Shop video. Then Adam bought the album, and it was all downhill from there.

Happy Thursday!


1 comment:

  1. Carol S-B4/23/2013

    OK, I loved the Thrift Shop video.
    And... I am surprised at how MUCH I loved that video!
    Thanks, Sherrie: I never would've discovered that one on my own!
    Going to watch it again now.
    Oh, and thanks for the reminder about the lemon tea (next post). Thanks to you, I have some in my fridge now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!