5.28.2012

monday

Whenever he's concentrating, Phillip's tongue is out. When I took this (a few months ago; I just stumbled upon it again) he was working on a project that he was completely absorbed in. I think he was making those cards with glittery numbers for all of the kids in his class. So cute.

I've been super busy with teaching lately, and I don't think it will slow down before the end of the school year. June 29, here I come! It's all good work that I enjoy, and the beautiful weather makes me glad that I get to travel around our beautiful end of the province. I have much to be grateful for.


Speaking of things I'm grateful for, on the weekend I got to spend a lot of time with the boys while Adam did a couple of shoots and piles of editing, and we had such a good time together. I went into the weekend knowing that I was on kid duty and consciously made having fun with them my priority. And it worked - I enjoyed them so much more than if I was trying to get anything else done. It also helps that we're all healthy (another thing I'm thankful for) and everyone was pretty darn cooperative.

Exciting news: thanks to Sarah (thanks, Sarah!) I have a kombucha SCOBY starting to grow! We did a little swap, and I sent her some soap in exchange for some proper kombucha. It's sitting in the dark cupboard, working its magic. I am waaaaay too excited - it looks exactly as it should!

The inspection sticker makes a happy shadow, no?

I have been seriously enjoying Stacy's blog Seattle Seedling lately. Check out the mosaic wall that she designed and made completely on her own in her garden - it is beautiful. She also does little gardening videos every now and again, which are fun to watch. She posted a tour of her garden last week which is a great reminder of how much food can be grown in an urban backyard.

Deodorant update: the recipe that I tried during which the glass measuring cup blew up in the microwave isn't my favourite. It's intended to be in a deodorant stick tube and swiped on, but since I didn't have any tubes, I poured it into a tub and scrape off a little bit to rub in. It's okay, but doesn't seem to work terribly well. Plain clay sprinkled on was recommended to me, so I'm going to give that a shot. Or maybe a spray?

Okay, I'm signing off. I have an ebook from the library on my iPod that I need to finish before it expires and a cup of chamomile tea waiting for me. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. It is absolutely adorable how P sticks his tongue out while concentrating! And the happy face shadow cast by the sticker is almost as cute. ;D

    That is very smart to just focus on having fun with the kids when you know you have to do weekend duty with them. I wish I had discovered that when my boys were little. I would have been a lot less frustrated.

    Hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!