1.04.2012

paperwhites

They're on the way! Forced bulbs are one of my favourite things about January and February. I never manage to get them started in time to bloom for Christmas. So I wait until after Christmas, and buy the bulbs for half price. (Tip: never buy boxed bulbs without opening the box and checking them out first to make sure that they're not shriveled or moldy, and that they look full and healthy.) I have a fantastic amaryllis coming, too, which I'm sure you'll see more pictures of very soon. It's a great way to get through the dark winter days with a little bit of springy brightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!