12.02.2011

ears



Before I get started, I just wanted to say a special little welcome to any new (or new-ish) readers. I know there are some of you out there. Hi! I'm glad you're here.

I'm always listening to something. I drive a lot for work as an itinerant teacher, so I like to take advantage of the time to myself. Sometimes I drive in the quiet, but not too often.

CBC Radio One almost always has something relevant or interesting, and if I'm driving for longer than a few minutes, I'll usually check in to see what's on there first.

My second option is Martha Stewart Living Radio on Sirius, especially Everyday Food and Whole Living. I always learning something new. I avoid the pet shows like the plague, though. I do not want to hear about a dog's digestive woes, thanks. Gross.

I love a few podcasts, and I don't think I've talked much about them here on the blog. I have a little gadget that connects my iPod to the car radio (the car I drive for work is old and predates built-in things) and I love to listen to them that way. Or when I'm washing dishes, folding clothes, or other busy work after the boys are in bed. My current top three are Spilled Milk, Joy the Baker, and Simple Mom.

Sometimes, though. I just want music. Lately it's been Helplessness Blues by Fleet Foxes. The whole album is amazing. They have this magical sound that I love; the harmonies remind me of Simon & Garfunkel. Lisa Hannigan's new album Passenger, is kind of awesome, and in many ways very different from her first. And Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More. Still.

Speaking of music, Jango is a free internet radio site I just found yesterday. I haven't figured it all out yet, but I love it.





What have you been listening to lately? Any recommendations?

(Nope, the muffins don't have anything to do with anything. I chose a completely random image from a folder from 2008, and this is what I got. )

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the music recommendations! I am still loving Jenn Grant's latest album Honeymoon Punch. Parliament of Owls is great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ei17NNuMc but the whole album is fun. I have also been enchanted by Jill Barber's new Album Mischievous Moon, here is a link to her live concert http://www.cbc.ca/radio2/cod/concerts/20110216jbarb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pig above your stove. I have a small collection of piggy stuff in my kitchen. No listening recommendations. I only listen to old school alternative like Rage Against The Machine, Soundgarden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/07/2011

    Those muffins are making me hungry!
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions, Alli! I love Jenn & Jill both. I'm going to check out Parliament of Owls right now. Thanks for the links!

    Thanks, Melissa! I picked him up at a thrift store recently. :)

    Jenn, come on over and we'll make some! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!