12.05.2011

airborne





I turned 30 in March, and this was Adam's gift to me - a flight over my beautiful town and the place where I grew up. The timing for the flight didn't come together until yesterday, and it was amazing, despite a bit of queasiness toward the end. To stave off the queasiness until the end meant that I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, and the size of the plane and the inability to, well, move didn't help. But I enjoyed every minute.

From the moment I saw the headsets, I was totally channeling J.L. If you know that reference without clicking the link, we are kindred spirits. If not, there's still a chance that we are; it may just mean that you didn't grow up in Canada in the 80's.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift! Danger Bay is what made me want to be a marine biologist!!! You are the first person I have met since my childhood that knows about it!!!!! This just confirms that we were meant to be friends! :)

    BTW: to steal your saying...you are the bees knees for getting me the coconut chai tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is Sandford, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!