11.24.2011

pantry news, again


I guess there is one empty space there in the cupboard after all. I didn't notice that until I looked at the image on the computer. I still have some fruit that I froze in the summer and fall (pears in particular) that I have canning plans for. Once a few more jars are freed up, I'll have to fill in those spaces. Did I tell you that we opened a couple of jars of those dill pickles? They are AMAZING. Super crunchy, super tasty. I'm especially pleased because they're my first dills, and we eat them year-round. I will be making loads more next summer - it's yet another case where homemade is a huge improvement on the store variety.

Soap! I am still squeezing in some soapmaking in between all of the other busy-ness that fills my days. If you would like to order some for yourself or as a sweet gift for someone you like, just send me an e-mail and we'll sort out the details! If you're local, I'll be delivering some more to Yarmouth Natural over the next few weeks (I'll be dropping off a few tomorrow), or you can always call or send an e-mail. I can even (sometimes) deliver! Now's the time to let me know what you'd like - I'll be making a bunch this week and next, so speak up!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to you Americans! I hope that you've had a relaxing, turkey-filled, thankful day with your favourite people.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE dill pickles! I've never made them before, but I must try these some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those jars look good! Happy Soapmaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, they were so easy! Time consuming (I'm sure you have plenty of time on your hands, though, (hee-hee!) Let me know if you'd like the recipe.

    Thanks, Kristina! I'm glad that you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!