9.20.2011

the woodsmen & a special day




There are two little ones in this house who live to do what Dadoo does. It's pretty adorable. Did you notice P's little work gloves?

I feel as though I've been neglecting you folks lately. It happens every year - these first few months of school are always extra crazy and all kinds of other things wait. (I did take these pictures on the weekend, and also made some Peach Lavender Jam. Delicious is an understatement.) I also realized a few days ago that today would be a very significant day - it's been six years (six!) since I wrote my first blog post. I had no idea then that I would enjoy it so much, or that I would meet so many lovely people. In all seriousness, blogging has changed my perspective on life. I choose for this to be a place to share beauty and all of the loveliness at hand. In turn, I'm much more aware of all that there is to see, and all that I have to be thankful for.



Thank you, thank you for reading along, and for being so sweet and kind and generally wonderful. If you've ever liked anything that you've read or seen here, please leave a comment and say hi! It would absolutely make my day.

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! Happy six years, and here's to many more! I'm so happy to have gotten to know you through blogging and even though I am not the best at commenting, I always look forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read your blog all the time, just because it's so lovely. your pictures have such a timeless beauty - haha i sound like a real estate ad! - and i love looking at them. thanks for posting so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/20/2011

    I adore following you and your beautiful family along on your blog. And you know how special you are to me (yup, you were the very first blog I discovered; I did'nt even know what blogging was). And meeting you in person was an added bonus for me. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!


    LOL! Just kidding... Congratulations on 6 yrs of blogging! What great pics of your guys; they are too cute (yes, Adam too!).

    Hey, I was right: I was telling Amber that you and she were both inspiration for my painting my door red. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay six years! Go you! And yes, I'll let you know when we're next in Nova Scotia for drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is the reason we met so it's pretty special to me! Bonne Blogiversaire!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos made me giggle (could the gloves be any cuter), the idea of that jam made my mouth water, and I'm now onto the anise soap which is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cutest work gloves EVER! Congrats of 6 years and thanks for the regular dose of inspiration (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love you and your family. You 'come alive' in these blogs and since we don't get together as often as we would like. The 'Sophisticated Ladies Nights' are far and few between thus your blog keeps me in the loop. It's so you and after this many years of friendship, well it just makes me appreciate you and all you do that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo of Adam and Phillip might be my favourite that you have ever posted. Such genuinely happy expressions from each of them, and such a perfect fall glow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!