5.26.2011

sunny sick days




The sun has finally come out, and I am in bed. After going to work yesterday morning and seeing a couple of students, I was suddenly overcome with the feeling that things were going to get very unpleasant, very quickly. I just managed to get myself home, and to spare you any further details, I've been in bed since. I ventured downstairs once, but for the most part, the painting pictured is what I've been looking at, although that's an old image. Thankfully, it's been nice and warm, so the window is wide open and it's been lovely to hear the birds going crazy, and there's a very pleasant breeze which I am imagining is whisking the germs away. I've slept a lot, and have read a bunch in Farm City by Novella Carpenter. I linked to a video of her awhile back; I was lucky enough to get the book as a birthday gift and am really enjoying it.

My splendid husband has been taking such good care of the boys and I. Thomas seems to have had a dash of this, too, poor little one, but he seems to be okay now. I've been the recipient of frequent popsicle deliveries (thanks to Ingrid for bringing those over!) and Phillip is so sweet. He brought in some jokes to read to me, he and Adam did some card tricks (thanks, JW!) and he just wants to check in with me. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better, and the other half of the house won't be afflicted!

7 comments:

  1. Awwwhhh...sorry to hear that you are under the weather, Sherrie! Hopefully it soon behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon! There's a nasty one going around here, too, but it doesn't seem to last too long. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noooooooooo, it found you. Take care and hope you are up and about in no time. That book is on my list of favs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been sick too and had a wonderful Mexican to take care of me...although no jokes or card tricks! :) I hope we both get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better today! So sorry to hear that you got so sick! Thank goodness for your sweet husband and Phillip's attentive care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are all so sweet - thank you. Alli, I hope that you're feeling better! I'm running at about 90% now, as is Thomas, Adam will be up and about tomorrow, and Phillip was being contrary at bedtime, so I think that he's just had a milder version, thank goodness. And next week will be healthy and amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In sunny days the main problem is the turning of skin into such a tan form in which person's skin starts turning into black one, some good sun block lotions and skincare tips are mendatory in this situation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!