5.04.2011

more tangled garden and catching up

 All of these pictures are from our visit to Tangled Garden on the weekend. Both Adam and I chatted with the woman at the counter as we took pictures. And more pictures. Then some more.  Unfortunately, there was maintenance being done at the garden itself, so we weren't able to go through, but we definitely will next time.


I am completely in love with the place.

I feel as though we haven't porperly chatted in awhile! First, the royal wedding. The bouquet was one of my favourite parts. Beautiful, simple, elegant, and classy. The whole wedding was lovely, if a wee bit resource-consuming and all of that. That aside, it did bring people together under happy circumstances for a change, and there's a lot to be said for that.

The federal election. Well, it happened, and the NDP made huge gains. And I think that's enough about that.

I feel about ten steps behind in just about everything this week. The time away was wonderful, but I'm all thrown off. In my head, we're still back in March. Which really means that I should probably do some therapeutic cleaning. Seriously, it puts me in a good place. Tell me what's new and exciting with you! What's growing in your garden? Made any new dishes lately? That also distracts me, in a good way.

 
I also have a few links that have been accumulating for you! I'm really enjoying this linky business; it gives me a place to share all of the great things that I keep marking as unread in Reader.

Who wants to pick some dandelions with me? For dandelion sorbet?!

I think I might make some of these for my egg-loving boys.

Anyone know where I can find some elderflowers?

Love, love this post about phenology and what to plant when. Do you know what to plant when the lily of the valley are in bloom?

I am completely swooning over these solitary bee houses - something I didn't even know existed until this week.

I hope that you had a good Wednesday. The highlight of my day was a date I had with Phillip - he asked if we could go to Frenchy's. That's my boy! We bought a 29 cent mini Etch-a-Sketch, and you would have thought I gave him the moon. The best part was an unsolicited "Thank you for getting me the Etch-a-Sketch, Mama. I really like playing with it."

And speaking of cute Phillip-isms, he has a bit of a cold, and had a terrible time last night before bed, complete with a full-blown tantrum, screaming, and the whole bit. Which is, thankfully, very rare. When he finally settled down, he said that his body didn't feel right. I asked him what he meant; what part felt wrong. "The blood in my veins is going the WRONG WAY."

May your blood flow in the right direction and your tantrums be few and far between.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the Tangled Garden looks so lovely. I haven't been there in about 12 years, which is strange considering how often I'm in the area. I'm going this weekend so you have inspired me to pop in...perhaps treat myself to a Mother's Day present.

    Happy Mother's Day to you! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!