2.13.2011

link love and chicken news

Phillip is out delivering some Valentines to his friends, while Thomas naps. It is so nice to be in a quiet house, even if it's only for a little while.

Chicken news! I've contacted my town about having permission to have a few hens in our yard, and apparently I've been the first to do so. The matter has been brought before council, everyone seems to be pretty supportive, and it's moving on to a committee, then will be brought before council again. Everything so far has been very positive, and I'm excited to have our own hens, hopefully soon.

I've been saving things up to share with you.

In no particular order:
If you're making sweet treats, you can make your own sprinkles. I know.

This quote is soooo true.

I love this bedroom.

How to sprout lentils.

On living fully, right now.

Cooking with lavender, parts 1 and 2.

I love using things up; have you been cooking through your pantry, too?

I do love quiche. And almost never make it. I think that will change!

Abigail Washburn is new to me. I love this song! I don't know what it is about banjos, but I kind of love them these days.

Speaking of songs, First Aid Kit sounds pretty great - I've listened to this tune several times.

Okay, I'll save the rest so you're not too overwhelmed. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooo, I hope they allow you to have backyard chickens. It's so fun, peaceful and relaxing to tend to your very own chickens and the eggs are delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!