7.09.2010

the stairway

After we stripped and painted the stairwell, I whipped up this little curtain to go over the door of the closet under the stairs. I wanted something bright and fun, since that's Thomas' change table, and we all need something fun to look at while our diapers are being changed.
And those are the stairs. I love them bare, but the centre of each tread is completely bare, while there are edges to several layers of paint surrounding the bare part. Just in case it's lead paint (which I'm sure that some of it is) we're looking for something to cover it up. Ideally, I would like a plain sisal or jute runner, but I can't seem to find one anywhere around here. I'll keep looking, and enjoying the bare spots in the meantime. Every time I'm on my way up or down, I can't help but think of all of the people who have gone up and down these stairs before.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!