4.11.2010

thank you

I just spent the first bit of the dual naptime writing some thank you notes for sweet, sweet gifts that we've been given upon T's arrival. And that made me think that I wanted to thank all of you for your sweet comments and encouragement during that wild week when he finally arrived. So thank you, thank you. Just thinking of all of the people rooting for T and me really helped me to get through labour. That and lots of popsicles. They had fresh root beer popsicles at the hospital! I was so very, very excited. It's my favourite flavour, but whenever I get them at convenience stores, they're always crusted in frost, and gooey. These ones were pristine, baby! I probably ate half the box. Mmm.

Above are the craziest flowers I've ever seen. "Carnations are crazy?" you ask. No, not the flowers themselves, but the fact that they've been on our table since March 13. And today was the first day they're starting to look kind of sad. (I took the picture a week or so ago.) Wild, eh?
And these adorable little booties were sent our way by the ever-crafty and thoughtful Austen. Thank you so much! My hands were too full to get a picture of them on T's sweet little feet, but I think he likes them. I certainly do! Ack, the buttons are so cute!

I hope that you're having a lovely weekend. The sun is out, and the forecast says that it's due to continue for most of the week. I'm hoping for some fun family outings, since I am very close to physically feeling like myself again. If I'm really on the ball, I'll take my camera!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love those wee baby booties! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!