2.13.2010

toffee-date pudding (that's really a cake)

I just made this Toffee-Date Pudding from December's Everyday Food, and it is delicious. I've been wanting to try it since the issue arrived in November, but didn't want to have the whole thing for just us to eat. Which is exactly the situation we're in this weekend! For some reason, it's called Sticky Toffee Pudding on the website's recipe, and Toffee-Date in the magazine. Same recipe, though - I checked.
It's very, very similar to the Queen Elizabeth cake I've posted before. (My favourite cake of all time, by the way.) Both are date-y, very slightly spiced cakes with a sweet, sweet boiled topping consisting of mostly cream, sugar, and butter. This cake is a bit wetter and lighter than the Queen E cake. I think I prefer the Queen E cake because of the crunchy topping - it makes it much more interesting in the mouth, and the nuts and coconut add a few more flavours. But don't get me wrong - both are delicious.
The recipe is here, if you'd like to try it out.

So now I need some help to eat it - any takers?

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I might have to try this one -- still skeptical of the QE cake, though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!