11.07.2009

it's 6:45 on Saturday morning, and I'm wide awake

Good morning! (Photo of P by Adam.)

No, the snow pictures aren't new ones - we haven't had any snow yet. I must say that I was a wee bit jealous yesterday when we didn't get any of the snow called for in the forecast, but a few hours' drive from here, they had a bunch. I know, it's early and all, but I do love the snow. And I'm really excited for Christmas. (Incidentally, that's what P has decided to call his baby brother. 'Christmas'. I think it's because I keep saying that I'm 'excited for Christmas'.) Even though our computer isn't back yet to share any new photos, I have a few other things I wanted to mention.

Ingrid has a picture of hers up as part of an Apartment Therapy piece about before-party quirks. It's over here - yay, Ing! I love AT and could spend all day, every day browsing there. You know, if I had nothing else to do.

Did you know that many of my photos are over at flickr? Feel free to use them as backgrounds on your computer or for other such un-nefarious purposes. But don't go selling them or anything. I have some lovely new ones to upload as soon as our computer is back.

Adam got a new iPhone. I usually can appreciate gadgets, but am not enthralled by them. And I certainly don't usually covet them. But this thing is amazing!

One of my upcoming posts is about a fantastic local Lebanese restaurant I adore, appropriately named 'Little Lebanon'. After a bit of Google time, I finally found out what the amazing spice is that is used as a garnish on many of their dishes - it's ground sumac. It's kind of tart and acidic, but very pleasantly so. Yum. Have you tried it? Feel free to send me some for Christmas, if you're so inclined.

Okay, it's time to start the day - I've been tapping away down here as my two handsome guys sleep soundly upstairs. Speaking of my guys, I'll leave you with two of several pictures that Adam took of P last week. He's getting so big!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/08/2009

    You are so, so nice to let people use your Flikr images for backgrounds, etc! Your photography is gorgeous.

    LOL @ what P is calling his baby brother! I love the things that kids say.

    Hey, you know what? I think my sister sent us some sumac as part of a souvenir package when she went to Turkey. If I can find it (am I letting it show that I'm not organized??), you can have it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I love the snow too. It'll be here soon!

    And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa - thanks so much for your sweet offer! I think I might have found a source for the sumac in a somewhat nearby city, but if you feel the need to send me some, I won't complain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/09/2009

    Sherrie, I did find the bottle...woohoo! Email me your address at skepticgal (at) gmail or through FB and I'll send it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!