5.24.2009

vintage

Original photo here.
Original photo here.

These images are from Vintage, a beautiful blog I stumbled upon last week, which I immediately fell in love with. This, despite the fact that I can't understand a single word in any of her original posts. Google Reader has a translation feature under "feed settings", which helps, but some bits of the text are still gibberish. The photos completely make up for it, and you should definitely head on over to swoon.

Speaking of vintage, I picked up a few fun things at Grandma's Collectibles in Weymouth last week, on my way to Tatamagouche for work last week. I don't seem to have the energy to jump up and take pictures right now, but there's some fun new storage potential for my essential oils, and a fantastic new crock thingy. And might I add that Tatamagouche is beautiful? I took a few pictures while I was there; the lilacs were just beginning to open and the apple trees were in full bloom. Lovely.

I feel as though I've been neglecting you - our cherry tree is in full bloom, as is the quince, the peonies are coming along nicely, and I haven't even shared them yet. (Edited to add: see a beautiful photo of the cherry tree and chair from Adam, here.) Now that I have a very comfortable chair out there under the blossoms, I've been spending former blogging time reading The School of Essential Ingredients in it. The book is okay, but the experience of reading outside on a beautiful day under a magical canopy of pink is incredible.

Have a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I wish I could be around to see your flowering garden! Matthew will get the chance really soon! (I think he'll be in Yarmouth tomorrow afternoon, he's taking the Digby ferry over)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are so lovely!
    I think it might be swedish...
    using the google language tools:
    http://translate.google.ca/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fjohanna-vintage.blogspot.com%2F&sl=sv&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

    ps, I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i visited the sight ...your images are very similar to hers ~always stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!