2.08.2009

recipe-a-week #6: blueberry galette

This was the easiest thing to make, and was delicious. Back into my usual way of doing things, I didn't measure anything for the filling (I just mixed a couple cups of frozen blueberries with a teensy bit of sugar and a bit of cornstarch). The crust, though, I do have a recipe for. It was written down by me (from this Saipua post) and it isn't from one of my cookbooks, but I'll count it as one of my weekly recipes, since technically it was on paper. I know, it's a stretch.

Galette Dough

1 1/4 cups of flour
1 /2 cup cold butter
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Blend until butter is in fine crumbs.

Gradually add in 1/4 cup cold water until dough holds together in a ball. Form into a disk, and cover, then refrigerate for one hour. Then roll it out, and add whatever filling you like - savoury, sweet, cheesy - anything goes! Just turn the edges of the crust up around before baking, and bake until it's done (maybe 25-30 minutes-ish.)

There's a recipe for a blueberry filling here. I turned up my nose when I read that the recipe is from Gourmet magazine and it calls for refrigerated pie dough. Ugh. I think I'll soon try it with a savoury vegetable filling - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!