2.17.2009

food week, day 2: lunch

It's time for lunch! This is my favourite quick lunch to throw together in a hurry. I originally posted it here. There's no official written recipe, but it goes a little something like this:

Cook a box of whole wheat pasta, and run under cold water to cool. Toss in some cubed cheese, frozen peas, green onion or chives, and whatever else you like (red peppers, sundried tomatoes, etc). Mix up a dressing of a blop of mayo (maybe 1/3 cup-ish), salt, pepper, a splash of olive oil (2 tsp), parmesan, 1 tsp mustard and lots of garlic powder, mix, and voila! The reason I cook a whole box is because I can eat this for days in a row and not get tired of it. It's that good!

Click here to see the list of everyone who's participating.

**
P.S. - I'm sending my replacement Kitchen Aid stand mixer in for repair or replacement. Awful high pitched sound again, and one of the knobs broke in Adam's hand tonight. Good grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!