10.03.2008

wicked apple cider and my favourite pot

I forgot to add this photo to my last post - it's Tide View Cider, made here in Nova Scotia. Ingrid brought it over last night. Holy smokes, is it amazing.
And I'm a little bit slow, but Elizabeth asked for photos of our favourite pots. This one isn't a pot, it's a pan, but I love it. It seems as though most of the other people who responded also love their cast iron! I've made everything from classic pancakes and eggs to fresh mackeral and apple tarte tatins in this very heavy, inexpensive Lodge pan. The only thing which causes any grief is the short handle. It rates extremely high is cuteness, but rather low in practicality. (Kind of like a certain American vice presidential candidate, but that's another story.) Thanks for the great idea, Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!