9.01.2008

september first

"September first" has always sounded so clean and fresh to me. It inspires thoughts of sharp new pencils and blank notebook pages. New school outfits and cool, crisp weather. Somehow it seems even better that today is a Monday, and that the weather is indeed cool and brisk.

Houseguests have come and gone, the lawn is mowed (mown?) and we're in the midst of tidying up, as well as rearranging some of the rooms here in our little home, which is always fun. We made this recipe with some sweetened whipped cream for fun, and it was a hit. And so easy! I'm also cleaning out closets and sorting things to give away or save for future babes. That's what September does to me.

The hydrangeas are in bloom outside the window where I'm sitting, the black-eyes Susans are in full force, and so are our phlox and clematis. What are your favourite things about this month?

Happy September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!