7.16.2008

how to make your own toothpaste




Toothpaste is the easy-peasiest thing to make, and you can customize it to your taste! Here's the recipe I used.

3 tbsp baking soda
1 tbsp salt
1.5 tbsp glycerin (available at drugstores)
a few drops peppermint oil
water

Mix the first four ingredients together and add enough water (not much) to make a toothpaste-y consistency. I'm going to store mine in a little glass jar - you could use any type of container. Happy brushing!

Note about the oil: I found these tiny little bottles of peppermint oil at Bulk Barn. They have some natural and some synthetic flavour oils, including everything from watermelon (you guessed it, fake) and cinnamon (which I will try next time) for $1.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!