5.08.2008

soapwort and earworms


I nearly danced a jig yesterday when I found this little guy at Spencer's (very nice) garden centre in Shelburne. Well, I didn't actually find it. I had to ask. And the poor woman I asked disappeared for a long time before returning with this. It's called Soapwort (also known as Sweet William, says Wikipedia). You make an infusion in warm water with the whole plant, and apparently can get a lovely soapy lather. The two little plants I bought probably won't be useable for a long while, since they're so small, but I think it will make a nice addition to the garden.

Want an earworm? CJLS, our local radio station, is known for the absurd number of terrible 80's songs they play. Phillip and I laze in bed for a few minutes every morning, and he plays with the clock radio. This morning, he turned the dial from CBC to CJLS, and this song was playing. He really liked it, so we listened to the whole thing, and it's been driving me crazy all day long. Of all the songs to have stuck in your head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!