1.20.2008

yummy Sunday



I did a little bit of cooking and baking today, and it felt so good! (I'm hoping to make a batch of my favourite cookies tonight, too.) The first recipe is Greek Chicken Pasta from (where else?) allrecipes.com. It is super quick and easy to make, and is absolutely delicious! I think I would like it with homemade pasta; I just used boxed penne this time. The bread smells delicious. It's an easy-peasy bread machine French dough, and I just put it on the dough cycle and popped it in the oven. Here's the recipe:

Bread machine French bread:

1 1/4 cups warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine in order listed. You can make baguettes or a regular looking loaf if you set it to the dough cycle, or you can just bake it in the machine. I'm going to have a nice thick slice with butter and jam later on. Mmmm. (I didn't use whole wheat or even whole white flour this time - what a treat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!