1.13.2008

glass food storage find


Image from Achor Hocking's website.

I'm all about glass food storage these days, and I got a great deal yesterday on a set of four Anchor Hocking round storage bowls with fitted plastic lids. They're on sale at Canadian Tire this week for $7.99, regular $19.99. The largest one holds seven cups, the smallest is one. The lids fit snugly and nothing leaks out, they can be used in the freezer, and they're clear, so you can easily see which leftovers are in which dish in the fridge. My only problems with the dishes are more theoretical than practical.

1. The packaging says that they're made in the US. Which they are. Correction: which the bowls are. The lids are (you guessed it) made in China, which I didn't notice until I had unwrapped them.

2. The lids are made of #7 plastic, which I'm not a fan of in general. However, it doesn't touch the food, so I'm okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!