11.11.2007

swedish roll up blind


I made this blind for Phillip's room over the past couple of days - it only took a total of about 3 hours (it would have been less if I had been better prepared and didn't have to keep running around to find things I needed). The pattern is from Simple Soft Furnishings, a book which has some really lovely home sewing projects. This one certainly was simple, and I love the finished blind. I especially like how the back rolls up on the front, so you see the backing material. The only thing I'm a little bit disappointed with is that with the light behind it, you kind of see through the brown and blue. I loved the material when I found it and wondered how much I was going to like it with Phillip's green walls, but it is divine! I'm working on a fabric wall art project thingy for over his change table, which will bring it all together. I'll post pics when that's done (hopefully after the crafting session tomorrow), and then you can see why it's not such a horrendous colour combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!