9.03.2007

skin deep, bar soap, and a contest!


Skin Deep: I've been telling lots of people about Skin Deep, a fabulous resource from the Environmental Working Group for finding out about the health and beauty products you use. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just give you a great resource for information. The ingredients in these types of products aren't regulated, and there are some nasty things in many products. There are also better alternatives! You can search for information on specific products you use (there are over 25000 on the database), and browse products if you're looking for a low hazard item. Items are rated on a scale of 1-10, and when you click on an item, you can read the explanation for the rating. Definitely worth spending some time perusing! My goal is to have all products I use rated 5 or under.


Bar soap & contest: There's also an interesting article here about benefits of using bar soap rather than liquid. Would you like me to make you some? I haven't really gotten into many blogging contests yet, so perhaps it's time to do one myself. I've had a hankering to make a batch of soap (and I always like comments) - I'll draw three names from those who have commented on this post on or before this Friday, September 7. Those drawn will receive a complimentary bar of soap made by yours truly! Comments need to include something about the cosmetics products you use. I can't wait to see the comments!

PS- Speaking of comments, I've had a couple of people tell me they've had trouble commenting. If you click on 'comments' under any post, a window should pop up where you can type your comment in the empty box. If you don't have a blogger account, you can choose 'anonymous' and 'publish your comment'. That should do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!