8.03.2007

swimming and summer treats


We went back to Ellenwood Park yesterday, and since it was so hot (29 here by the ocean - that's extremely hot for these parts!) we thought Phillip might like to be like his dad and dip his toes in the water. Well, we were wrong. The pout appeared on the way to the lake's edge, and things only got more distressing from there. "And get this stupid hat out of my eyes!" Turns out he had a wet diaper, which for him is the end of the world. Maybe he'll enjoy it more next time.
I have recently discovered the wonders of Chapman's frozen yogurt, and feel obligated to share some cool good tidings on a hot day. It tastes just like ice cream (so creamy!), but has 2.5 grams of fat per serving! Now, I'm not a dieter and never have been by any stretch of the imagination, but I know that's a whole lot better than regular ice cream. The two best things about it? 1) It doesn't leave you with that icky heavy ice cream belly feeling and 2) the flavour options! Caramel pecan crunch, caramel chocolate chunk, cappuccino, mandarin fusion... mmmm. A tad pricey, though - $4.99. But Adam can eat it, so it's A-OK with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!