8.01.2007

inspiration



I've been changing little things around the house over the past few days, and it feels great! I've made curtains and rearranged things... I found these letters at a dollar store almost two months ago and loved them. Only in the middle of the night as I was up with the wee one did I think of the perfect place to put them! Sorry the pics are so dim - Phillip was sleeping and I didn't want to disturb him.

I also found a pattern for my next big crafty project - a quilt. There are tons more free patterns here. I think I'm going to make this one just for me, as a trial run for one for Phillip. The idea is that I'm going to make in in true traditional quilt fashion - from scraps and remnants. Yay for recycling things into useful things! For now I love the bazillions of little squares - I may change my tune as I'm making it. The pattern makes a quilt about 4 feet by 4 feet - perfect for a cuddling blanket for reading a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!