7.30.2007

breastfeeding

Every day, I realize more and more how fabulous breastfeeding is. Not only is it the best possible food for Phillip, but after the initial discomfort and getting used to it, it is SO convenient! The 'getting used to it' thing is more of a process for some than others - at the beginning it definitely can be hard and is certainly uncomfortable. I'm so thankful for all of the nurses at the hospital who had such excellent advice and gave us a good start, and I'm glad that I didn't hesitate to ask for help. We can be at the park, the beach, a friend's house, and I have everything with me and ready when Phillip wants to eat. He's getting antibodies and boosts to his immune system, it's great time spent together, and it's the most natural thing in the world. And if I do need to be away from him during feeding time, I can pump and have milk ready and waiting.

The icon above is mothering.com's international breastfeeding icon. You can order stickers or download the file from their website. There's also an excellent article on breastfeeding in their sample digital issue. Just click on 'contents' and 'A quiet place: becoming breastfeeding friendly'. Happy feeding!

Edited to add: And it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!