5.05.2007

placemats

I found this material awhile ago for super cheap at Fabricville, and bought enough to make both a sling for me and baby G and a set of fun placemats. This morning's project was the placemats. I made a set of six. I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the back - it's a plain grey-green sort of colour. I'm using that material to make a sling for Adam, today or tomorrow. It's a perfect day outside, so I might end up in the hammock swing today instead of sewing.

The reason the placemats look so lumpy-bumpy is because I have a ridiculous aversion to ironing. Honestly, I haven't used the iron since we moved into this house (2 years ago) and possibly since we moved to Yarmouth (which would make it 3). Pretty much any other household task I can handle, I just despise ironing. So I don't do it, and we're not too much worse off because of it. As long as things are hung promptly, we're relatively wrinkle-free. These sewing projects, though, could admittedly use a once over. But I'd rather read. Or cook. Or file my nails, or...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!