5.28.2007

38 weeks

The weather this weekend was so beautiful that I spent all day Saturday and again Sunday out on the hammock and hammock chair in the garden, with strict orders to do not much of anything. My blood pressure's still up a bit, and goes higher when I'm doing stuff, so I'm trying to do nothing. Which, for me, is a very difficult thing. My point being that this pic wasn't posted earlier because I was either sleeping or reading in the garden - can you possibly think of anything more lovely than that? (I'm reading two books at the moment - The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver and The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Both very good reads, in very different ways. More on this when I'm finished reading them.)

So, 38 weeks! Baby G is still packing on the fat, which will help regulate his / her body temperature after birth. So amazing! Every time I read more about exactly what's going on with my body and baby and how everything's getting ready for this impending birth, I am amazed. It's such an incredible process, and I'm designed specifically for it. Crazy. And I just can't wait to meet baby G and look into his or her little face. I'm smitten already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!