4.23.2007

kitchen garden

Way back before we bought the house...
And here's what Adam worked on all afternoon - a veggie patch! I am so in love, it isn't even funny. (I meant with the veg patch, but Adam too.) I included a picture of what the back door area of our house looked like just before we bought it... a bit different! We cut the cedar trees this winter, which has made the kitchen much warmer and brighter (this is on the south side of the house). It's also freed up more clothesline space and made it easier to access the cellar. And given us the perfect spot for a close-to-the-kitchen sunny veggie patch! Following Marjorie Willison's advice, I planted onions, garlic and sugar snaps today after work. Most of the other things we'll be planting (including carrots, beets, lettuce, and leeks) have to wait a little while longer. We put some weed rug over top, just to keep neighbourhood kitties out while the soil is freshly turned. I can't wait for the grass to fill in and all of the flowers to take over to make it a thousand times cozier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!