4.26.2007

34 weeks

34 weeks pregnant tomorrow! Baby G is about 4.7 lbs and about 18 inches tall. I had a regular clinic check-up today, and baby G and I are fine as kind. (The first time I heard that expression, I thought it was very strange. Now I use it all the time.) The baby had a very wiggly morning, and the heart rate was between 130 and 140. The doctor said he wasn't sure what position baby G is in (it's apparently really difficult to tell the difference between baby heads and bums when poking and prodding) but I'm pretty sure baby G is upright, as s/he was for the ultrasound. Movements feel the same as they did before the u/s, and that little round bump sliding back and forth (my students think it's pretty cool to feel the baby's head) was the head then. So that's my humble opinion. I'm a bit puffier this week and haven't been able to wear my rings the past couple of days, but it comes and goes so I'm not consistently uncomfortable. On the whole, not much to complain about! Baby G moves around a lot, which is always comforting. Only 6 weeks to go... I keep saying it, but I just can't wait to meet this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!