3.01.2007

clapham's beeswax polish, lemon body polish

We were given a lovely antique dining table and chair set (I'm planning another post about that whole story, hopefully up tomorrow when I'm hoping to have a snow day) which was in need of a little love, as you can see in this picture. The top half is untouched table; the bottom part has one coat of Clapham's Beeswax Polish on it.
One of the table legs. Top part has one coat of the polish, the bottom part has none.
And here's the stuff itself, on a thrice-coated tabletop (doesn't it look great?) It's a beeswax and carnuba oil polish, has virtually no scent, and a little goes a long way. Three coats on the table used about half of the 50g tub, which cost $6.99 at Home Hardware. I'll post a picture of the set when I have a daylit chance to snap a decent one.

This evening, I whipped up some lemon body polish. A super easy way to scrub yourself to smoothness in the shower or bath. I originally saw a video clip of Martha Stewart making a similar scrub, but I couldn't find the recipe when I searched her site earlier tonight. So I made one up! It goes something like this:

Put some granulated sugar in a bowl
Add some oil (sesame oil works well, grapeseed or olive or whatever you happen to have) until it goes kind of scrub-like when you mix it together
Add lemon essential oil (I love lemon, but you could add any eo you like)
For extra lemon-y goodness (not suitable for Ingrid) grate in a bit of fresh lemon rind

Store in a glass jar in the shower for scrubbing hands, feet, elbows and anywhere else you like. Scrub at the end of your shower and rinse off. You'll be delightfully soft afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!