2.09.2007

yet another...

snow day! Incredible. Last night for supper, I made my favourite soup in the whole world, a curried butternut squash soup. It gave me wicked heartburn (thanks, baby!) but it was worth it! One of my favourite things in the world is the smell of a cut pumpkin or squash. Mmmmmm.
This poor little cardinal was trying to eat at the bird feeder yesterday during the blizzard and got her face full of snow! I thought it was very cute and slightly pitiful.
This morning I stopped at Frenchy's after dropping Adam off at work, and found this amazing quilt for $5.00 which I loooooooooove. (That's pronounced something like "louve".) It is in excellent condition and in the lineup to be washed as I type.
I also found this little apron, which I won't use as an apron but I thought the material was very fun and useful for all sorts of little projects.
And this little linen curtain with these oh-so-cute embroidered grapes on it! Once again, I think I'll chop it up for crafty pursuits. I also found an off-white and beige striped linen shower curtain (so nice!) and a nice soft cream coloured blanket for laying on the wood floor for baby G to play or sleep or just be cute on. So recycle-y and so cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!