2.14.2007

happy avocado day!


I found instructions for growing an avocado plant from a pit the other night, and thought I would give it a try. Two days ago, I pierced the pit with the toothpicks, and now it's sitting there, partially submerged. It's supposed to take 2-6 weeks for any signs of sprouting. It seems to be a pretty foolproof plan, but some pits seem to be duds. Judging by my amaryllis bulb record, I won't get my hopes up too high. To see what this will hopefully eventually look like, meet Todd the Avocado Plant and see this beautiful shot of the avocado plant's leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!