2.06.2007

crafty mccrafterson

I made this portable change pad today from a pillow case from Frenchy's, part of a towel which had hair dye on it, and some other odds and ends I had in my crafty leftovers. So much nicer to have your diaper changed on than plastic! The light in the pictures makes it look a lot more red than it is; it's really more of a reddish brown. Above, you see it folded up.
The wooden button and scrap of corduroy (my favourite material!) to keep it closed...
and what it looks like opened up!
There's nothing like a blanket stitch to make something look 94% more friendly. The towel is sewn into the middle layer, to make it more comfy for baby to be changed on, and also more absorbent in case of leaks. It can be tossed in the washer for easy-peasy clean-up, too. I'm pretty happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!