2.18.2007

craft of the day: sandwich wrap



This past week, I came across what someone had written about her efforts to make her home more environmentally conscious, (I have no idea where it was) and she wrote that her family wanted to stop using disposable sandwich baggies. She found a place on-line to purchase reusable, washable, sandwich wrappers. I had a peek at them and thought "I could totally make that with minimal effort!" So I picked up a couple little scraps of suitable material at Frenchy's yesterday (they were in the form of little flimsy totes - the red one is vinyl to catch mustard drips and the other one is a mystery material), washed them, and whipped this up today. It took all of 20 minutes, 30 tops. I measured our bread (we make all of our bread in the bread machine, so it's not your conventional size), cut the material, pinned and sewed, and stitched on the velcro strips after figuring out how it would fold. Now Adam won't have to wrap his sandwiches in plastic wrap, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!