1.02.2007

the true story of Virgil the cat

On November 26, Virgil was picked up at our house and taken to live in a very cat-friendly home in Meteghan. Reports are in that he gets along famously with the other two cats and is very much at home. This may come as a shock to some of you who know how much I care about this cat, and I can imagine what some of you fellow cat-lovers are thinking. I feel somewhat obligated to explain our decision - essentially, we don't want copious amounts of cat fur, a litter box, and hairballs around when the new Graham arrives. Also, some cat temperaments change when a baby shows up, and we didn't really want to test that out. And since I can't change cat litter because I'm pregnant, that left it to Adam, and he was ready to hand over the duties to someone else asap. I do miss the company, but I must admit that it is REALLY nice to not have to vacuum constantly, sweep cat food bits up off of the floor, or get out the lint roller every time I leave the house. Anyway, we miss Virgil, but he's in a very happy home, and I'm sure he's jumping at doorframes regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!