1.17.2007

Happy snow day!




Yay! The first full snow day of the school year. And warranted - the streets are snow covered, snow is still falling and blowing around everywhere (a blowing snow warning and everything!), and it is -16 with a windchill of -28. A good day to stay inside for sure! Quite a contrast from the promise in this amaryllis bud. I've got two of them started, but there are only leaves and no bud on the other one yet. The fire is merrily blazing and the furnace is warming up the far corners of the house, and baby is doing somersaults as I type.

Speaking of buds, plans for today include some preparations for our bud's impending arrival. First on the list is moving the rest of non-baby stuff out of the baby's future room and setting up my office-y space in the room with Adam's. I'll post some before and after pictures when we get the room done. That will probably take up the bulk of the day, along with the regular cooking, dishes, and perhaps some laundry. Which I actually like doing, so it's not as dull a day as it sounds.

If you're looking for something to do today, here is a fabulous recipe for oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip cookies which Adam and I made the other evening. It's from an administrative assistant at one of the schools I work in. Mmmmmmm, they're the perfect texture and combination of tastes, and they take no time to whip up. I think they would be good with some coconut added. Here it is:

Maureen's Fabulous Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour (I use one whole wheat and one white)
2 cups oatmeal
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins

Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Mix together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix well, add in chocolate chips or raisins. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Makes a bunch... we started eating them before we counted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!