11.22.2006

beach baby



On Saturday, Adam and I went out to Sandford and had a lovely walk on the beach on a very mild day for November. I've spent a lot of time on this beach in my life (especially when I was a kid) and there's always something new or different I notice about it. I loved how the red rock jumped right out from the surrounding rocks. I love how the cliffs (are they big enough to be called cliffs? How tall does a wall of earth have to be in order to be properly called a cliff?) slope down toward the water. And I love how things which have washed up change over time, like this whale bone (is it a head?) which is now bleached by the sun (but still smelly), very much unlike when we first saw it.

In other news, baby is about 1.5 inches long, and has wiggly fingers and toes. Very hard to imagine. It's the strangest thing to think that I'm carrying around a baby with me everywhere I go. I went for some standard blood work this morning, and the woman who drew my blood did a beautiful job - I didn't feel a thing. I've felt pretty good yesterday and today, so I hope the nausea and exhaustion are gone by the wayside. It will be 12 weeks on Saturday, which is the end of the first trimester (yay!) and generally when women start feeling better. Evidence I'm feeling better - the day we first knew I was pregnant (in September), I hosted a Home and Gift party. I got a bunch of lovely cooking and kitchen goodies and gadgets, and I hadn't made cookies or any kind of treat until tonight! Très unlike me. I used my lovely new baking stone, cookie spatula, and cooling racks in the process of making oatmeal raisin cookies. Mmmm. It's good to feel more like myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments - I read and appreciate each one! Sorry about the word verification - the spammers found me and it became necessary. Thanks for taking the time to comment!